Saturday, December 8, 2007

Virtual Book Tour

I’m having so much fun setting up arrangements for my Virtual Book Tour that starts on February 1, 2008! Here are some tips to set up your own:

Step One:
If you don’t have a blog already, set up a blog or spot on your website that you can easily update each day. Free services such as Blogger come packed with how-to instructions and easy-to-use steps that make it comfortable for even non-techies (like me!) to learn to navigate.

I’m planning on using my blog as the place online guests can check into each day for the newest event on my Virtual Book Tour. A blog seems like the natural place to host it since it’s free, it’s interactive for my guests and easy for you to post comments, and it can be quickly updated to include each day’s new events.

If you’re a teacher and want to prepare your students to join the tour, a Teacher’s Guide is available on the publisher’s website for D is for Drinking Gourd: An African American Alphabet. Once you reach my author's page click on the title of my book. (It's below my photo.) Then click on "Teacher’s Guide" and a pdf file will come up with suggested activities for you to use.

No comments: