Thursday, December 27, 2007

Scrapbooking

My favorite type of scrapbook album as a writer is the Westrim Crafts 12 x 12 Strap-Hinge Album. It allows me to add extra pages as needed for my album. I kept a month-by-month album this past year for the very first time to chronicle my writing. It was so rewarding personally that I'm planning on doing it again.

As a writer, it's so easy to forget the positive experiences of critique group friends and joy of working on various projects. Too many rejection letters pile up and too many days go by without seeing much progress on a book-length manuscript. By keeping a scrapbook of each month's highlights and little joyful moments as a writer, I was inspired and encouraged throughout the year. Now, as I look back at my collection of pictures of friends in my critique groups, copies of positive comments from editors, and descriptions of fun experiences I had while writing various manuscripts I worked on this past year, I'm excited to start the new year and write, write, write!

No comments: