Thursday, January 31, 2008

Virtual Book Tour

A special welcome to all my online visitors today! And a big hello especially if you’re joining my site as the blog of the week listed in the Institute of Children’s Literature Children’s Writers eNews!

My Virtual Book Tour starts tomorrow on February 1 in honor of Black History Month. Throughout the month, we’ll be celebrating the release of my newest picture book, D IS FOR DRINKING GOURD: AN AFRICAN AMERICAN ALPHABET, illustrated by E. B. Lewis (Sleeping Bear Press).

There will be Trivia Questions to answer, Top Ten lists to submit suggestions for, author and illustrator interviews, classroom virtual “visits,” kids’ crafts to make, photos, videos, and more! Each time you post a comment on my blog during the tour or submit an answer to the Trivia Questions or a suggestion to the Top Ten lists, your name will be put in a hat. On the next to the last day of my tour, I’ll be drawing out names to give away five prizes—three 2008 African American history calendars and two $25 gift cards. Winners will be announced on the last day.

So hop on board and join the fun. Check back in tomorrow and join my Virtual Book Tour!

No comments: